- Imported COVID-19 Advanced Diagnostic Testing Kits worth Rs 4 Crore Manufactured by South Korean Company
- Kits to benefit over 25000 people in affected regions
April 16, 2020: Hyundai Motor India (HMI), country’s first Smart Mobility Solutions Provider and largest exporter since inception, today handed over COVID-19 Advanced Diagnostic Testing Kits to Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). The globally proven Diagnostic Kits worth Rs 4 Crore have been imported from South Korea and offer high levels of accuracy, catering to the testing requirements of over 25000 individuals. These Diagnostic Kits are also being exported to USA, Europe and other countries.
Commenting on the Hand over, Mr. SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, “As a socially responsible and caring brand, Hyundai is committed to the fight against COVID-19. To provide further assistance to the Government’s efforts, we have handed over Globally Proven – COVID-19 Advanced Diagnostic Testing Kits imported from South Korea. These highly accurate diagnostic kits can help the Government scale up the testing efforts in affected regions and arrest the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in India.”
As part of Hyundai’s road map of giving back to the society, series of initiatives have been developed to assist the Government in the battle against COVID-19. The range of initiatives include:
- Donation of Rs 5 Crore to Tamil Nadu Chief Minster Relief Fund
- Augment the supply of ventilators and other respiratory aids such as the in-house developed Ambu Bag Actuator
- Distribution of PPEs, masks and other safety kits
- Distribution of dry rations to adversely impacted sections of society
Hyundai has also announced initiatives to support customers in these challenging times. Customers who were unable to avail vehicle’s Warranty/Extended Warranty/Free Service due to Health Emergency or Dealership shutdown in affected cities, HMI will offer extended support of 2 months. Customers (Doctors/Police/Bankers etc) who are in essential services are already being given Road Side Assistance by Allianz Partner/Dealers, in case of any emergency.
City Today News