Hyundai Motor India Donates Rs 7 Crore to PM CARES Fund
April 20, 2020: Hyundai Motor India (HMI), country’s first Smart Mobility Solutions Provider and largest exporter since inception, made a donation of Rs 7 Crore to the PM CARES Fund, extending its support to the Citizens of India, amidst the COVID-19 crisis.
Commenting on the initiative, Mr. SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, “The core values of our foundation inspire us to strive for the betterment of society. Our contribution to the PM CARES Fund stands testament to solidarity we hold with the people of India, amidst this crisis. In challenging times such as these, we are pledging to bring about ‘Progress for Humanity’ and will continue giving back to help India defeat this adversity.”
As part of Hyundai’s road map of giving back to society, series of initiatives have been taken to assist the Government in the battle against COVID-19. The range of initiatives now include:
- Donation of Rs 7 Crore to PM CARES Relief Fund
- Donation of Rs 5 Crore to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Relief Fund
- Hand Over of Imported COVID-19 Advanced Diagnostic Test Kits worth Rs 4 Crore
- Strategic Partnership with Air Liquide Medical Systems to augment the production and supply of ventilators; In-house Development of Ambu Bag Actuator
- Distribution of PPEs, masks and other safety kits in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Delhi and Haryana
- Distribution of dry rations in Delhi and Tamil Nadu to adversely impacted sections of society
Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). HMIL is India’s first smart mobility solutions provider and the number one car exporter since inception in India. It currently has 11 car models across segments SANTRO, GRAND i10, GRAND i10 NIOS, ELITE i20, AURA, VENUE, Spirited New VERNA, All New CRETA, ELANTRA, New 2020 TUCSON & KONA Electric. HMIL’s fully integrated state-of-the-art manufacturing plant near Chennai boasts of advanced production, quality and testing capabilities.
HMIL forms a critical part of HMC’s global export hub. It currently exports to around 88 countries across Africa, Middle East, Latin America, Australia and Asia Pacific. To support its growth and expansion plans, HMIL currently has 517 dealers and more than 1,330 service points across India. In its commitment to provide customers with cutting-edge global technology, Hyundai has a modern multi-million-dollar R&D facility in Hyderabad. The R&D centre endeavours to be a centre of excellence in automobile engineering.
Log on to www.hyundai.co.in for more information
City Today News