Bengaluru, 28th November 2019: KannadaMatrimony, the leading matchmaking service for Kannadigas, from BharatMatrimony, studied the demographic patterns of lakhs of registered users. The data revealed fascinating insights on Kannada speaking people and their life partner preferences.
Highlights from the research report:
- The user base comprised of 31% women and 69% men with the average age of male registrants being 28 years and that of women being 27 years
- NRI registrants were mostly from United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Canada, United Kingdom and Germany
- 57% of Women and 55% of Men were open to seeking life partners living overseas, of which USA, Canada and Australia were among the most preferred countries
- Indicating the progressive nature of the Kannadiga community was the fact that 25% men and 20% women were open to a life partner outside their own caste
- The top cities within Karnataka that witnessed maximum number of registrations included Bangalore, Mysore and Tumkur
- The top professions of men were Business owners/ Entrepreneurs, followed by software professionals, whereas for women, it was Software Professionals and teachers
Individuals are increasingly taking marriage decisions into their own hands as is evident from the fact that 70% of the total profiles were created by the individuals themselves.
52% women seeking a life partner are 23-27 years, while 45% men are in the age group of 26-30 years.
In terms of educational qualification, the most popular stream of education amongst registrants was technology and arts degrees.
31% women and 14% men preferred life partners whose education qualification is Masters degree or above.
In tune with the mobile and internet trends, 90% of KannadaMatrimony members did their life partner search using their mobile.
Commenting on the interesting trends, Murugavel Janakiraman, Founder and CEO, Matrimony.com said, “Over the last 19 years, KannadaMatrimony has become the No. 1 choice for lakhs of Kannada speaking people when it comes to finding a life partner. Lakhs of Kannadigas have successfully found their life partner here and we continue to grow our user
base amongst the vibrant Kannadiga community in India and across the globe. Karnataka is a large and priority market for us, and we continue to step up our efforts to help more Kannadigas find their life partner.”
For more details, visit: https://www.matrimony.com
City Today News