Bengaluru, June 22,2020:
Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa convened a meeting with ministers and senior officials regarding containing Covid 19 in Bengaluru.
Highlights of the meeting:
- As the number of cases are increasing in Bengaluru at an alarming rate and Chief Minister opined that this can be contained only if preventive measures have to be implemented strictly, he said.
- He directed the officials to work in this direction.
- Lockdown shall be implemented strictly in the clusters which reported more number of cases, especially, K.R. Market and surrounding areas such as Siddapura, VVPuram, Kalasipalya etc. It was decided to seal the the adjoining streets, where the cases are reported.
- Stringent action would be taken against those who violate quarantine and FIR would be filed if necessary.
- Officers were directed to fix rates for treatment of Covid patients in Private hospitals to enable patients avail treatment in private hospitals.
- It was also decided to set up fever clinics in all wards.
- Officers were directed to maintain hygiene and provide other basic amenities to the people who were quarantined in Social welfare hostels and other government institutions.
- Covid 19 should be contained without affecting the economic activities in Bengaluru, which resumed recently, CM said.
- Booth level officers and volunteers are working to trace contract and monitor on quarantined persons.
- War room shall have real time information on availability of beds in various Covid hospitals and shall facilitates the infected to avail treatment without losing any time.
Deputy Chief Minister Dr. C.N. Ashwathnarayana, Revenue Minister R. Ashoka, Home Minister Basavaraja Bommai, Chief Secretary to Government T.M. Vijayabhaskar, Additional Chief Secretary and Development Commissioner Vandita Sharma, Additional Chief Secretary to Government, Health Department, Jawaid Akhthar and other senior officers were present.
City Today News