· New lineup offers the world’s widest range of OLED TVs, from 106 cm (42) – 246cm (97), for a customizable viewing experience
· The range includes the world’s largest 223 cm (88) 8K OLED TV providing the best-in-class picture quality
· LG Signature R OLED is the first-ever Rollable OLED TV in the market
MAY 30, 2022: LG Electronics, India’s leading Consumer Durable brand today announced the availability of its highly anticipated 2022 OLED TV lineup. Widely praised at CES 2022 for their outstanding picture quality, enhanced performance, and sleek designs, the latest products also promise an incredibly seamless experience with blazing and immersive visuals. The 2022 OLED lineup introduces the widest range of OLED TVs, from the world’s biggest1 OLED 246 cm (97) extending to the world’s first 106 cm (42) OLED TV that is perfect for smaller room spaces and ideal for every gamer that seeks to be closer to the action. In addition to this, LG is also introducing the LD OLED evo in their C2 series.
Post the pandemic, the TV viewing habits of consumers have transformed to actively seeking advanced and holistic viewing experiences from the comfort of their homes. As a pioneer and global leader in OLED technology, LG has been constantly perfecting and elevating technology to meet the evolving consumer needs. Attributed to LG’s OLED leadership, this has enabled the invention of the first Rollable OLED TV, the LG Signature R OLED that pushes the boundaries of engineering and user-centric design to enhance any space and complement any lifestyle.
Hak Hyun Kim, Director- Home Entertainment, LG Electronics India said, “This year marks 25 years of our commitment to the Indian market, demonstrating our continuous efforts to amalgamate technology and design innovations to meet the evolving needs of our consumers. The unique offerings of our latest lineup demonstrate our perseverance to deliver differentiated user experience and a new way of thinking about our consumer’s home entertainment space while once again confirming LG’s leadership in the premium TV market. OLED TV portfolio is expanded to address various segments of consumers and with our new line up we are confident of strengthening our market leadership in OLED TV.”
Featuring the company’s acclaimed self-lit OLED technology, LG 2022 OLED TVs leverage precise pixel-level control to deliver the deepest blacks, incredibly realistic colors, and an infinite contrast ratio. Moreover, the new models have even more smart features for a personalized viewing experience.
LG OLED Evo
As part of the new range features LG’s new α (Alpha) 9 Gen 5 intelligent processor and unique picture algorithms, LG’s evo technology is built into the 2022 G2 series (LG OLED evo Gallery Edition) and C2 series, taking the home entertainment experience to new heights. Models from both series have been recognized with CES 2022 Innovation Awards for raising the bar with their excellent all-around performance. LG OLED evo TVs offer exceptional clarity and detail, for lifelike images that provide a real-life-like experience. Brightness is also enhanced by the new Brightness Booster Max technology, which makes the G2 series 30%2 brighter while making the C2 series 20%3brighter, which is enabled by the increased processing power of the α9 Gen 5.
LG α9 Gen 5 Intelligent Processor
The new and improved LG α9 Gen 5 intelligent processor is equipped across the G2, C2, and Z2 series models.The α9 Gen 5 boasts the new Dynamic Tone-mapping Pro Algorithm, which individually processes over 5,000 areas on the screen, enhancing each to produce a more vivid and detailed image, in both brighter and darker parts of the picture. Housed with the latest processor to boost audio quality via the AI Sound Pro feature, the α9 Gen 5 AI processor will allow your OLED TV to up-mix 2-channel audio to a virtual 7.1.2 sound allowing you to hear sound from above and behind you. Completing the 2022 OLED TV line-up isthe B2 OLED TV series in two screen sizes 164cm (65)-139cm (55)) and the A2 series in three screen sizes 164 cm (65), 139 cm (55), 121 cm (48)), both powered by the company’s self-lit technology, α7 Gen 5 processor with Dynamic Tone-mapping, AI Sound Pro and virtual 5.1.2 surround sound.
OLED TV price range starts from INR 89990 and Rollable OLED TV is priced at INR 7500000
- Claim supported by multiple third party sources:
- 30% when measuring full white screen of conventional LG OLED TVs, excluding the OLED evo series.
- 20% when measuring full white screen of conventional LG OLED TVs, excluding the OLED evo series.
- LG OLED Panel is certified by Intertek for 100% Color Fidelity measured to CIE DE2000 with 125 color patterns
- Display Color Gamut Volume (CGV) is equivalent or exceeds the CGV of the DCI-P3 color space as verified independently by Intertek.
Certified by Intertek, LG’s OLED TVs can express 100 percent of the DCI-P3 spectrum across a 3D color space that covers the TVs’ full luminance range, according to IDMS 1.1 (cl. 5.32).
- LG is the first TV manufacturer to support this latest Dolby imaging advancement, Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail, which will be released later this year in upcoming LG 2022 TVs-.John Couling, Senior Vice President, Entertainment, Dolby Laboratories at The Stage, CES 2022
City Today News